Saturday, April 13, 2013

I Would Like To Thank The Academy

If I'm not wrong , there's a famous saying , " Save the best for last " & I would like to say that ADSS applied this to Speech Day 2013 for this was the best Speech Day that I ever had with the school , not to mention the last one that I am ever gonna attend as a student of the school ( hence the quote ). To be fair , I only attended two Speech Days (?) & I have two perspectives of the formal event. I was an emcee for Speech Day 2012 , so I got to see the behind-the-scenes part of the whole event. Emceeing with Jamey , one of my most memorable experiences in ADSS ! This year , I was merely a spectator & an award-winner. Not as fun as being the emcee but it still felt great receiving such prestigious awards.

So , yeah. Before the event , the guys crashed my home & we had a hell of a time playing Black Ops , Far Cry III & Dead Or Alive (Thanks to Kevan for lending the game to me). We had a fantastic time screwing around , laughing at each other's failures while playing the game. The fun faded quickly as.. We were pretty late. Nah , we weren't THAT late. In fact , we're not even late. Haiyooo ~ We all ran for nothing!

I'm not gonna bother to further explain & describe what happened after that so I'm just gonna move on to the actual event. The parade was amazing with Mavis doing a good job of being the commander of the whole parade~ Her commands were loud & clear. The other UGs were amazing as well. It seems like their training paid off because the whole parade was fantastic.
( I was watching the parade through a live video feed in the hall ). The event finally kickstarted with all the formalities involved. To be honest , I dreaded the school report by the principal because it was so dull. However , the speech by the guest of honour was pretty okay in my opinion. Ancel's speech was motivational & it was a fresh difference from the two other speeches because the delivery of his speech was faster & a bit more lively. I got my two awards , one for Best in D&T and another one for Oustanding CCA Award ~

Heyyyo ! Ms Guaring came back ! I had a nice chat with her along with the guys & even took a group picture with her~ Speaking of pictures , my attempts of photobombing at every single photo opportunity I see were futile. I simply had no guts to stroll in & ruin such a nice picture~ Yes , I'm that kind.

PS : Mr Chong simply is the most photogenic Maths teacher ever.

No comments:

Post a Comment