Tuesday, November 5, 2013

Manga... Mango ?

Yes , so I've been trying to be capable of drawing a la manga style

OPPA MANGA STYLE

I guess you can say it's a new hobby of mine and my second most favourite hobby , with my most favourite hobby being "doing nothing". It all started when I watched speedrawing videos and I always admire people being able to create something so beautiful with their own hands and wit. Since I've only started like maybe a month ago , it's obvious that I won't be that good and it's true. I'm terrible at manga drawing and my drawings so far have been horrendous ( I won't post any photos of my drawings to spare your eyes.. and your life~ ). I've been learning under the guidance of a mentor , Jian Yan ,who judges all my drawings and stuff I guess. I'm not learning how to draw through a course or even Jian Yan ( except for some advices and tips that he gives me ) but instead I opted to teach myself how to draw... kinda ? I'm learning through endless practice ( which always end up in a bad note and me glaring at my crappy pieces of work ) and through the videos of Mark Crilley. I also started to watch some of SophieChan90's videos~


Meh , I doubt I can be at her level anytime soon. It does take a LONG time to be able to draw skillfully and "skill" is not in my dictionary yet ( much to my annoyance ). But I do hope I can be able to at least achieve a decent level of skill at drawing ( oppa manga style ) by the end of my long break. I guess this could be one of my hobbies , then~ Need plenty of drive and determination to continue drawing !


No comments:

Post a Comment