Saturday, December 7, 2013

Graphite Life


Look at this man. This man can draw well. Oh wait , I'm wrong. 

This man can draw really really really very well !
(Yes , I'm just really jealous he can draw Kirino-chan very well)

Good things can come out of a pencil , and I'm not talking about the graphite inside. I'm talking about like how a pencil can bring life through squiggles and lines. Drawing sure is a fun form of art and entertainment. Simple enough for n00bs like me to enjoy and comprehend , complex enough for professionals to indulge in. Not to mention it's enjoyable~ Totally a great pastime.

Why am I blogging about bloody drawing? Why , there's two reasons ; nothing to blog about and I've been enjoying drawing for the past few days.Don't get me wrong , I'm not good at drawing. I really suck at it. Drawing has been quite a new hobby of mine (my interest for drawing , especially manga style kinda drawing , sparked somewhere near end-August). Recently started drawing only since the end of the Os gave me plenty of spare time. I used to have a small book filled with drawings but it has been filled with too many "sketches" that I moved on from an itsy bitsy notebook to a foolscap pad ( I'd rather not take a sketchbook ... It'd be a total waste as I rip off pages in infuriation ).

Attempt to draw manga hands.

Was too lazy to transfer the original photo to my computer, so meh. Moving on to the topic , I have recently been practicing drawing nowadays , you know~ Been doing some practice and revision on the eyes , hands and hair.

Kuroneko style hair
The Hime Cut

Still not good at it , but I'm trying. After all , there's no need to be so "tryhard" while drawing since it kinda ruins the whole essence of drawing ; enjoying the task of drawing itself. I do wish I can draw super super well though but I'm gonna need plenty of practices and effort to hone my skill! Some people say that one needs years of experience but I would like to refuse to acknowledge their statement. I've seen some people draw WAY better than me and they've only picked up a pencil to draw for only a day or two. That's what I call prodigy right there. Prodigies... I hate prodigies.

(No offence to all prodigies out there)

I mean this is my blog , after all. Might as well just talk about my progress. Let's see..
Still having some issues with the eyes in terms of drawing the same two eyes on a face. The only solution I see is to trace the original eye then put it in on the other half of the face but that's no fun , isn't it? I'm really putting in more effort in that department. The hands? I guess it's pretty much a breeze except for drawing complex hand positions or drawing the palm face up. Other than that, nothing's really an issue right now.  I'm gonna start my introduction course (self made course) to drawing hair. My favourite hairstyle for now will be the Hime style hair cut (?). To be fair , I like because it's quite easy to draw and it's also elegant~ Elegant in a simple way.

As shown by Kuroneko.

I'd love to blog more about drawing and my new favourite anime ( You can probably guess by the speed drawing video and image reference , so go and Google away) but like a Twilight movie , I have ran out of content ... for now. FOR NOW. 

Sayonara!


No comments:

Post a Comment